IND vs BAN Live News Updates: Senior fast bowler Mohammed Shami has been ruled out of the ODI series against Bangladesh, starting Sunday, due to a hand injury, according to BCCI sources. Umran Malik named as Mohd Shami’s replacement. Shami sustained a shoulder injury during a training session in the lead-up to ODI series against Bangladesh. He is under the supervision of the BCCI Medical Team & won’t be able to take part in the 3-match series.
!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Temp reaches -1.0°C in Dal lake area
A dense layer of fog engulfs Srinagar as the temperature dips to sub-zero here. Bonfire comes to people’s rescue as they wrap themselves in thick woollen clothes to brace for the winter season. As per IMD, Dal Lake area to experience a minimum temperature of -1.0°C today.
Kharge defend his ‘Ravan’ jibe, again hits back at PM Narendra Modi
Facing flak from the BJP over his ‘Ravan’ jibe at PM Narendra Modi, Congress chief Mallikarjun Kharge said, “They are misusing it for electoral gains. For us, politics is not about individuals. It is about policies… They make it about only one person, who is everywhere.”
Eastern Naval Command’s full-dress final rehearsals concluded at Ramakrishna Beach in Visakhapatnam
#WATCH | Andhra Pradesh: Eastern Naval Command's full-dress final rehearsals concluded at Ramakrishna Beach in Visa… https://t.co/Uxzig9oION
— ANI (@ANI) 1670044090000
IND vs BAN ODI series: Umran Malik to replace Mohd Shami
Umran Malik named as Mohd Shami’s replacement. Shami sustained a shoulder injury during a training session in the lead-up to ODI series against Bangladesh. He is under the supervision of the BCCI Medical Team & won’t be able to take part in the 3-match series: BCCI
Cyberabad Police detains professor after molestation complain from Thai student
Cyberabad Police have taken a professor of University of Hyderabad into custody after a student alleged that he molested her. The student belongs to Thailand and is studying here, said K Shilpavalli, DCP Madhapur.
Exec engineer caught by Vigilance Team while he was accepting Rs 2 lakhs bribe
Executive engineer in Building Construction Dept, Sanjeet Kumar caught by Vigilance Team while he was accepting Rs 2 Lakhs bribe. Approx Rs 1 cr cash recovered from his residence in a subsequent raid. Documents and bank accounts details also found. Raid to continue today.
Ricky Ponting on his health scare:
Legendary Australian batter Ricky Ponting made his return to the commentary box just 24 hours after experiencing what he described as “short, sharp pains” in his chest. While commentating during day Three of the first Test match between Australia and West Indies at Perth, Ponting suffered a health scare following which he underwent medical examinations. Speaking about the events later, Ponting was quoted as saying by the Sydney Morning Herald, “I probably scared a lot of people yesterday and had a little scary moment for myself to be honest. I was sitting in the comms box halfway through the stint, and got a couple of really short, sharp pains through my chest. I tried to stretch it out and get rid of it and probably did not give too much away when I was on-air.” “But I had a couple of those sort of incidents, got through the stint, got up, went to walk to the back of the commentary box and got a bit light-hearted and dizzy and grabbed the bench,” he added.
Police arrests 14 rowdy sheeters, 17 suspect sheeters in Hyderabad
South Zone DCP said, Police has conducted cordon and search op in Ganganagar area at 2 am. 78 two-wheelers and 2 three-wheelers without documents, 9 mobile phones, Rs20,000 cash seized. 14 rowdy sheeters roaming in graveyards, 17 suspect sheeters, people playing cards taken in custody.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi remembers India’s first President Dr Rajendra Prasad on his birth anniversary today
FIFA WC: Team well-organised, players having high individual skills, says South Korea coach on win over Portugal
Following his side’s win over Portugal in their Group Stage FIFA World Cup match, South Korea assistant head coach Sergio Costa said that the current team is very well-organised and has high individual skills and it is something that the side wants to improve on. Hwang Hee-Chan’s goal in stoppage time helped South Korea stun Portugal 2-1 in their last Group H match of the FIFA World Cup 2022 being played here at the Education City Stadium. With this win, the Koreans made it to the pre-quarters.”I cannot compare these two teams (the current team with the 2002 South Korea team which made it to the semis in World Cup). I watched the World Cup in 2002 on TV, I did not know the Korean players personally. Since we started working with them I could watch a few games in the past but I cannot make a comparison,” said Sergio as quoted by Sky Sports.
Delhi’s air quality remains ‘very poor’ for fifth day straight; AQI at 323
The national capital woke up to smog with the Air Quality Index (AQI) recorded at 323 by the System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting And Research (SAFAR). According to the SAFAR, Delhi’s air quality remained in the ‘very poor’ category for the fifth day straight. On Friday, the AQI was recorded at 335 in the morning. The AQI at Lodhi Road and Mathura Road was recorded at 315 and 342 respectively.
Single-day rise of 253 new Covid cases in India, active cases decline from 4,672 to 4,597, according to the health ministry.
Woman, friend arrested for poisoning husband to death
A woman, Kavita and her friend Hitesh Jain arrested by Mumbai Crime Branch for murdering her husband Kamal Kant Shah. She was mixing arsenic and thallium in her husband’s food, he was hospitalised on Sept 3 due to slow poisoning and died 17 days later. Both sent to Police custody till Dec 8.
Blast occurs at residence of TMC booth president Rajkumar Manna
A blast occurred at residence of TMC booth president Rajkumar Manna in Arjun Nagar area under Bhupati Nagar PS in Purba Medinipur limits last night. Injuries reported. Party’s National General Secretary Abhishek Banerjee is scheduled to hold a public rally in Contai today.
Mohammed Shami ruled out of ODI series against Bangladesh
Fast bowler Mohammed Shami ruled out of ODI series against Bangladesh due to hand injury
Delhi’s air quality in the ‘Very Poor’ category
Delhi’s air quality stands in the ‘Very Poor’ category this morning with the AQI (Air Quality Index) being 332.
Punjab Police arrest Bishnoi Gang member with 20 pistols
- Punjab Police’s Anti Gangster Task Force (AGTF) on Friday arrested a member of Lawrence Bishnoi’s gang from old Ambala road Dhakoli.
- Bunty, a resident of Jain Chowk in the Bhiwani district of Haryana, was an inter-state weapon smuggler and was nabbed from the Dhakoli area on the old Ambala road in Mohali district’s Zirakpur with 20 pistols in his possession.
- Director General of Police Gaurav Yadav said the preliminary investigation has revealed that Bunty is a member of the Lawrence Bishnoi gang and was tasked to deliver the consignment of weapons to the members of Lawrence Bishnoi gang on the directions of foreign-based gangster Satinderjit Singh Brar alias Goldy Brar.
G7 coalition agrees $60 per barrel price cap for Russian oil
- The Group of Seven (G7) nations and Australia on Friday said they had agreed a $60 per barrel price cap on Russian seaborne crude oil after European Union members overcame resistance from Poland and hammered out a political agreement earlier in the day.
- The EU agreed the price after holdout Poland gave its support, paving the way for formal approval over the weekend.
- The G7 and Australia said in a statement the price cap would take effect on Dec. 5 or very soon thereafter.
- The nations said they anticipated that any revision of the price would include a form of grandfathering to allow compliant transactions concluded before the change.
- The price cap, a G7 idea, aims to reduce Russia’s income from selling oil, while preventing a spike in global oil prices after an EU embargo on Russian crude takes effect on Dec. 5.
Scintillating Switzerland oust Serbia 3-2, advance to Round of 16
- Switzerland defeated Serbia 3-2 in an electric encounter to finish second in Group G and advance to the World Cup knockout round
- The Swiss team made it to the knockout stage for the third time in a row and will now lock horns with Portugal in the round of 16 clashes on December 7.
IMF, Argentina reach funding agreement that could unlock $6 billion
- The IMF said in a statement the staff-level agreement remained subject to approval by its executive board, expected to meet this month.
- The fund said the country was presenting a prudent macroeconomic management and efforts to mobilize external financing.
- It said that the actions were supporting macroeconomic stability: “Fiscal order is being restored, inflation is moderating, the trade balance is improving, and reserve coverage is being strengthened,” it added.
‘India is a part of me’: Google and Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai
- “India is a part of me and I carry it with me wherever I go,” Google and Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai has said, as he received the prestigious Padma Bhushan award from the Indian envoy to the US.
- Indian-American Pichai was awarded the Padma Bhushan for 2022 in the Trade and Industry category.
- He received India’s third-highest civilian award in the presence of his close family members in San Francisco on Friday.
US says Swiss engineering group ABB to pay over $315 million to resolve bribery case
- Swiss engineering and technology group ABB has agreed to pay more than $315 million to resolve an investigation into a bribery case at a South African state-owned energy company, the U.S. Justice Department said on Friday.
- The Justice Department said its resolution was coordinated with prosecutorial authorities in South Africa and Switzerland, as well as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- ABB subsidiaries also pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to violate the anti-bribery provisions of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the Justice Department said in a statement.
- ABB was investigated for and found guilty of improper payments and other compliance issues at the Kusile power station, in a wide-scale investigation into state corruption concluded in June 2022.